Principal & Senior Advisor
As a Senior Advisor, Mary works with FAI’s clients to develop and implement investment and financial planning strategies based on the client’s values, needs and goals.Mary is passionate about educating her clients so they understand how all the parts of their financial life fit together while helping them stay organized and on-track to meet their goals.Mary’s primary clients are individuals or couples experiencing mid-life transitions such as career change, marriage, business exit planning, and retirement.
Mary is also responsible for developing and overseeing the financial planning strategy within the firm, coaching and mentoring the associate advisor staff, and developing and implementing process improvements to the firm’s service offerings.
As a career changer herself, Mary is passionate about helping others explore the financial feasibility of new career possibilities that excite and motivate them to continue contributing on their own schedule in either paid or unpaid work.Mary listens intently to her clients to understand their interests, needs, and values so she can work collaboratively with them to develop recommendations and strategies that align with their vision of mid-life and / or retirement.
- Leadership Howard County, 2016 - 2015
- Leadership Premier Howard County, Class of 2015
- Chartered Advisor For Senior Living (CASL®), The American College
- CFP® Certification Professional Education Program, College for Financial Planning
- Bachelor of Science - Mathematics, Computer Science and Business, University at Albany, SUNY
- CFP® - CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM professional
- CASL® - Charter Advisor for Senior Living®
- Five Star Wealth Advisor – 2015, 2017, 2018
Mary is an active community volunteer. She is a board member of Howard County Advisory Board for Junior Achievement of Central Maryland and the Academy of Finance for the Howard County Public School System. Mary also volunteers her time for pro-bono financial planning through the FPA of Maryland.
Mary enjoys competing in distance running, swimming and triathlon events. She also enjoys traveling with her family.