Whether you’re getting married for the first time, after becoming a widow(er), or following a divorce, finding love in mid-life is exciting! At any age, sharing your life with the perfect partner is something to cherish and celebrate. If your next chapter includes a mid-life marriage, it’s smart to say “I do” to addressing the unique financial impacts that come with it. These might include:
- Determining the financial resources each person brings to the union
- Combining individual financial goals and tolerance of risk, and addressing them as a couple
- Managing the desire to retain financial responsibility and independence
- Identifying important legacy issues for heirs while still providing for your new spouse
- Decisions regarding a primary residence if more than one home is involved
FAI Wealth Management has deep experience working with mid-life marriages. We understand the emotions that can come with these intensely personal discussions and we’ll be with you every step of the way. We’ll work together to develop a smart, practical strategy for combining your wealth while allowing you to maintain your personal financial goals.
Marriage & Divorce Journal
FAI’s Lyn A. Dippel, JD, CFP®, Named Best Financial Advisor by Washingtonian Magazine
Successfully Managing Finances in a Second Marriage
If you’re about to make a second trip down the aisle, you’ve got plenty of company.
Last year, 40 percent of weddings held ...
Reclaim Your Finances in the Era of the “Gray Divorce”
The divorce rate of people in their 20s and 30s is falling but baby boomers are divorcing at a surprising rate.
In fact, the number ...