President & CEO
As President and CEO, Lyn focuses her leadership role on running the day-to-day operations of the firm and coordinating the efforts of FAI’s management, advisory, and service teams to ensure FAI stays focused on clients’ long-term goals.
As an Advisor, Lyn focuses on working with women experiencing life transitions such as marriage transitions, active partnership divestments, career changes and retirement.
As a female executive, Lyn is passionate about helping women succeed.
As an executive and business owner for 15 years, Lyn understands many of the issues women executives face. She also listens carefully on order to provide guidance consistent with her clients’ values. Lyn has experience advising women as they negotiate transitions such as mid-life marriage, divorce, widowhood, selling a business, and retirement.
Lyn writes on topics of interest to women in her column, HerMoney in HerMind magazine. In addition, during her tenure at FAI, Lyn’s experience and opinions have been sought by publications such as Kiplinger’s, Smart Money Magazine, and Business Week.
Lyn recognizes the need for financial planning and leadership in the community and serves in the following organizations:
- Finance Committee for the Community Action Council of Howard County
- Leadership Howard County, Community Impact Project Committee
- Member and former mentor of Executive Alliance - an organization championing women leaders
Education and Designations:
- Juris Doctor, George Mason University School of Law and member of the Virginia State Bar
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Richmond
- Leadership Premier Howard County, Class of 2014