President & CEO
Lyn serves as a Senior Wealth Advisor, providing long term financial planning, including tax strategies, insurance analysis and investment management to individuals and client families. She also is responsible for FAI’s daily operations and coordinating the efforts of the management, advisory, and service teams to ensure the firm stays focused on clients’ long-term goals. Lyn also serves on FAI’s Investment Committee.
As an Advisor, Lyn focuses on working with women experiencing life transitions such as marriage transitions, active partnership divestments, career changes and retirement.
As a female executive, Lyn is passionate about helping women succeed.
As an executive and business owner for 15 years, Lyn understands many of the issues women executives and business owners face. She is skilled at listening carefully to ensure she provides guidance consistent with her clients’ values. Lyn has experience advising women as they negotiate transitions such as career and employment changes, selling a business, and retirement.
Divorce & Widowhood:
As a woman who has experienced divorce personally, Lyn is familiar with the complex and overwhelming array of decisions facing individuals during this transition. She has guided many clients through this process, helping to turn the fears into confidence
Lyn writes on topics of interest to women in her column, HerMoney in HerMind magazine. In addition, during her tenure at FAI, Lyn’s experience and opinions have been sought by publications such as Kiplinger’s, Smart Money Magazine, and Business Week.
Lyn recognizes the need for financial planning and leadership in the community and serves in the following organizations:
- Finance Committee for the Community Action Council of Howard County
- Leadership Howard County, Community Impact Project Committee
- General member and member of the formal mentorship program with Executive Alliance - an organization championing women leaders
- Leadership Premier Howard County, Class of 2014
- Juris Doctor, George Mason University School of Law and member of the Virginia State Bar
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Richmond
- CFP® – CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM professional
- JD – Juris Doctor
Lyn enjoys mentoring young women both privately and as a mentor with Executive Alliance whose mission is to accelerate the success and leadership of accomplished women by expanding their impact and influence through advocacy, education and mentorship.
She is also passionate about outdoor activities including running, boating, cycling and kayaking in her off hours.