Whether you’re getting married for the first time, after becoming a widow(er), or following a divorce, finding love in mid-life is exciting! At any age, sharing your life with the perfect partner is something to cherish and celebrate. If your next chapter includes a mid-life marriage, it’s smart to say “I do” to addressing the unique financial impacts that come with it. These might include:
- Determining the financial resources each person brings to the union
- Combining individual financial goals and tolerance of risk, and addressing them as a couple
- Managing the desire to retain financial responsibility and independence
- Identifying important legacy issues for heirs while still providing for your new spouse
- Decisions regarding a primary residence if more than one home is involved
FAI Wealth Management has deep experience working with mid-life marriages. We understand the emotions that can come with these intensely personal discussions and we’ll be with you every step of the way. We’ll work together to develop a smart, practical strategy for combining your wealth while allowing you to maintain your personal financial goals.